One Dance UK advocates on behalf of the dance sector to remove barriers and promote the national profile and diversity of dance for everyone in the UK. We are also the Subject Association for Dance in schools. One Dance UK is working to lead the way to a stronger, more vibrant and diverse dance sector.
We advocate on a number of important projects and areas:
- All Party Parliamentary Dance Group – One Dance UK acts as the Secretariat for this group of MPs dedicated to the promotion of dance as an important part of healthy living
- Dance Manifesto – a long-term vision for how policymakers can help support the UK dance sector and a document to help you explain the importance of dance to your MP
- Dance in Health – the promotion of dance as a way to improve public health and wellbeing
- Education – working to ensure that every child and young person has access to dance
- Diversity – fostering equality of opportunity for dance artists and leaders, creating resources, programmes and frameworks for helping people participate in dance, regardless of their age, disability, race or economic background
- Parents in the Performing Arts (PiPA) – One Dance UK is proud to be a Parents in Performing Arts Strategic Partner. PiPA campaigns for equal opportunities and access for parents and carers working in the performing arts.
- Improving dance artists’ working conditions – supporting all those working in the dance sector to achieve excellence in dance performance, education and management and enhance dancers’ health, wellbeing and performance
- Championing UK dance at home and abroad – as a great UK art form, recognising and supporting local dance artists, companies, schools and organisations that contribute significantly to cultural, social and economic capital in local areas
- One Dance UK Awards – highlighting the achievements of individuals working in and promoting dance
- Honours Committee for Dance – recommending exceptional individuals for the Queen’s honours lists for “services to dance
- Brexit – guidance and updates
If you would like to find out more about how One Dance UK is working to creating positive change for the UK dance sector, on behalf of our members, email firstname.lastname@example.org and check out One Dance UK’s regular Advocacy Updates here: https://www.onedanceuk.org/news/.