Jazz Theatre Arts UK Emerging Artist opportunity
Emerging jazz artists, this is your chance to showcase your jazz dance theatre work as part of Jazz Arts ReWired performance programme.
Calling all emerging jazz artists! This is YOUR chance to showcase your jazz dance theatre work as part of Jazz Arts ReWired performance programme – a JTAUK initiative sponsored by One Dance UK to support and nurture emerging UK Jazz Dance Artists and Choreographers.
- All Emerging Artists applying must be a UK-based independent Jazz Dance Artist, Choreographer and/or an emerging Jazz Theatre Company.
- You must display ability and commitment to showcase your jazz dance theatre work as part of Jazz Arts – ReWired performance program ‘UP CLOSE & PERSONAL’ on Saturday 3rd June 2023
- You must be able to present a completed dance work of 6 minutes in length. Dancers/Company: 1 – 6 performing dance members.
- Creative requirements: Your jazz theatre work must be informed by the jazz dance idiom and aesthetic, supported by jazz music soundscape and present jazz theatre dance through the artistic and creative lens.
- You must be available for Technical Call at The Howard Theatre on 2nd June 2023 (TBC)
How to apply – Share with us:
- Your creative journey as a jazz dance practitioner.
- Your concept of motivation that will inspire your jazz theatre piece, your jazz music of choice and who will perform your work.
- Send a link so we can view and review your recent creative and/or company dance work or forward Mpg files via email.
Further details about Jazz Arts-ReWIRED: Emerging Jazz Artist Platform 2023 and to SUBMIT your FORM for selection to perform here: https://www.jazztheatreartsuk.org/forums-events/up-close-personal
- Application Deadline: 21st February 2023 by 5pm
- Notification of artists selected: 28th February 2023
- Selected artists invited to perform at ‘UP CLOSE & PERSONAL’ will also receive an Inclusive Performance Fee.
- All applications will be viewed for final selection in collaboration with a selected panel of established Dance Arts Leaders and Jazz Choreographers.