How to join the Healthcare Practitioners Directory
Applications to the Healthcare Practitioners Directory are invited from those with wide-ranging qualifications and experiences. We aim to list a diverse range of practices as well as covering all regions of the UK and list those with experience of working with dancers from diverse dance genres and settings. Therefore if you have any experience of treating dancers we want to hear from you!
In order to join the Health Practitioners Directory, you must become a ‘Healthcare Practitioners and Dance Scientists’ member of One Dance UK. Once your membership is active you will be able to log in to our members area and fill out a specific application form for the directory which, following review, will form the basis of your online profile.
If your practice/ therapy type is not currently listed, but you believe it meets the eligibility criteria detailed below, please get in touch with the Healthier Dancer Programme team by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 7713 0730. We will review your request, in consultation with our Dance Medicine and Science Expert Panel, and advise whether or not we can consider your application.
Benefits of joining
As a Healthcare Practitioner and Dance Scientist member of One Dance UK, you will receive many specific benefits as well as all of the usual individual membership benefits. These include discounted rates to our Healthier Dancer events and conferences as well as in person and virtual networking opportunities. One Dance UK’s Healthier Dancer Programme is well placed between those working in the dance profession and medical/ scientific experts and often works as a key link to foster working relationships between individuals and organisations.
While your listing on the One Dance UK Directory does not guarantee you referrals, as an active practitioner member we are able to promote your listing and services through our networks and social media channels.
Click here to see the full list of benefits of becoming a Healthcare Practitioners and Dance Scientists member.
Criteria for inclusion onto the Healthcare Practitioner’s Directory:
- Valid Healthcare Practitioner and Dance Scientist membership to One Dance UK
- Up-to-date and comprehensive professional liability/ indemnity insurance
- Satisfactory references from three dancers who you have previously treated
- Valid, full membership to a listed professional body (or make a case for one not already listed) which has:
- A joining fee
- An online searchable database of practitioners
- A complaints procedure
- A practising ethics policy/ code of conduct
- Membership criteria including minimum qualifications and CPD requirements
- For the following Practitioner types, valid Governing body accreditation is also required:
- Acupuncturist: British Acupuncture Council (or HCPC if dual-qualified)
- Physiotherapist, Podiatrist/ Chiropodist, Dietician, and Psychologist: Health and Care Professions Council
- Chiropractor: General Chiropractic Council
- Osteopath: General Osteopathic Council
- GP/ Physician/ Surgeon: General Medical Council
Performance Optimisation Package (POP)
One Dance UK members who have POP are registered on a Cash Health Plan with BSHF which entitles them to claim back up to £500 per year on private treatments. This is however restricted to certain treatments with appropriately accredited practitioners. One Dance UK will assess your eligibility to be listed as available to POP members and include this on your practitioner profile.