One Dance UK advocates on behalf of the dance industry to raise the profile of dance and increase investment in the arts.
We lobby in a few key projects and areas:
- All Party Parliamentary Dance Group – a group of MPs dedicated to the promotion of dance as an important part of healthy living
- Dance Manifesto – a document to help you explain the importance of dance to your MP
- Dance in Health – the promotion of dance as a way to fight obesity and improve public health
- Diversity – creating resources, programmes and frameworks for helping people participate in dance, regardless of their age, disability, race or economic background
- Awards – highlighting the achievements of individuals working in and promoting dance, including the Jane Attenborough Award and the Dance of the African Diaspora Lifetime Achievement Award
- Honours Committee for Dance – recommending exceptional individuals for the Queen’s honours lists for “services to dance”
One Dance UK, EBacc Policy Briefing (January 2017)
To view the briefing please click here.
We’re still working on this section. Please check back for more information on One Dance UK’s advocacy work and how you can get involved!