How To Teach English Social Folk Dance.
Professional Development Day – Led by Kerry Fletcher.
Friday 24 February 2017
10am – 4pm
The Lowry, Salford, Greater Manchester
Tickets: £40 / Students £32
As part of the new EFDSS Dance Development programme, this training day is for dance educators and those who wish to expand their knowledge and skills in teaching English social folk dance (country, ceilidh and barn dancing) – in schools, community settings and adult learning.
EFDSS is keen to increase the pool of people with strong skills in teaching English social folk dance in a variety of settings. No previous experience of English folk dance required, although prior experience as a dance teacher (in any genre), or of participating in English folk dance, helpful.
The aims of the day are to:
- Share good practice and experience of teaching and understanding social folk dance
- Provide practical training in social folk dance
- Demonstrate how to plan and adapt dances for varied ages and settings
- Explore the partnership between folk dance and folk music – including working with musicians
- Signpost further professional development
- Introduce freely available learning resources on the EFDSS Resource Bank and elsewhere, for using folk music, dance and drama.
- Provide a networking opportunity
To find out more please visit English Folk Dance and Song Society (EFDSS).
To book your place please vist The Lowry.