Moroccan chicken with couscous
Provided by Zerlina Mastin, Nutritionist and Author of ‘Nutrition for the Dancer’
Couscous is not only a great source of carbohydrate but happens to be very quick and easy to prepare! This recipe is ideal for dancers as it is low in fat yet high in all the nutrients essential for optimal performance.
• 2x150g (5oz) chicken breasts or chicken pieces
• 160g (5oz) uncooked couscous
• 6 chopped dried apricots
• 200g tinned chickpeas
• 1 onion
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 teaspoon ginger powder
• 1/4 pint (150ml) water
- Place couscous in a bowl, add 250ml boiled water. Cover and leave.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan, then add the chopped onion, garlic, ginger powder and chicken pieces. Stir-fry for approx. 4-5 mins.
3. Add the chickpeas, apricots and water.
4. Cook on a low heat for 15 mins.
5. Serve chicken on a bed of couscous and lettuce.
670kcal per serving