‘Everything We Loved About Dance Was Taken’ The place of dance in UK education
In 2021, One Dance UK set out to gather information about the current dance landscape in schools, identify areas of concern and their causes, whilst also considering the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The results of the research are collated in this report, along with a series of recommendations and calls to action to ensure every child and young person has access to high–quality dance as part of their education.
Resources: Advocacy Toolkit
Here are some resources that you may find useful when advocating for the importance of dance in education and delivering dance in schools:
Head to One Dance UK ‘Dance in Schools’ webpage for access previous editions of the Dance Education bulletin, information on Sport Premium & the Council for Subject Associations (CfSA), information on Artsmark and much more!
Log into your One Dance UK account to access:
- Six lesson scheme of work based on National Youth Dance Company’s MADHEAD by Botis Seva
- Twelve lesson scheme of work based on ZooNation’s production ‘Message In A Bottle’.
(Choreographed by Kate Prince, based on the songs of Sting
A Sadler’s Wells & Universal Music UK Production with ZooNation: The Kate Prince Company )
- Over 150 teaching resources designed to support you in delivering high quality dance content
Not a member yet? Join One Dance UK today to help us advocate for dance. Together we are stronger!
Did you know as a One Dance UK teacher member you get:
- Access to support and guidance from our Children’s and Young People’s dance team
- Opportunity to provide input and support when we engage with the government and policy makers, on the importance of high-quality dance in schools and to raise the standards of dance teaching, both within and outside of school
- Access to 150+ online dance teaching resources for all ages, including exclusive ZooNation and National Youth Dance Company (NYDC) schemes of work
- Discounts on events, conferences, publications and CPD sessions
- Promotional opportunities through the Children and Young People’s Facebook Group
- PLUS all benefits included with our Individual membership scheme?