Provided by Zerlina Mastin, Nutritionist and Author of ‘Nutrition for the Dancer’
Salmon is bursting with omega oils (which are imperative for healthy joints and ligaments) and high quality protein, important for muscle, poise and balance. When accompanied with vegetables and egg noodles, this tasty recipe provides the dancer with an abundance of important nutrients.
• 200g (8oz) tinned salmon
• selection of vegetables thickly chopped (carrots, onions, parsnips, broccoli, leeks etc.)
• 175g (6oz) uncooked egg noodles
• 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
• Salt and pepper to season
1. Boil vegetables for 5-10mins to soften.
2. Drain and place under the grill with the salmon and season with mixed herbs, salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, boil egg noodles for 10-15mins.
4. When vegetables and salmon are crispy, remove from grill and serve on a bed of noodles.
500kcal per serving