Re:generations 2019 Call For Papers
The call for papers 2019 is now closed.
The Re:generations Conference Committee invites practitioners, researchers, and practitioner-researchers to contribute to this year’s theme of The Digital Space. By offering opportunities to reflect on cultural and artistic innovation through digital technologies, the conference aims to celebrate, enable, create conditions for exchange, be an ambassador for dance of the African Diaspora in the UK and beyond, and advocate for leadership within dance.
We are seeking a wide range of contributors (papers, videos or panel discussions)* from across the sector. The Committee welcomes ideas for presentations in person or via digital formats, that are accessible and rigorous in order to stimulate lively discussion.
We welcome proposals on the following topics may include, but not limited to:
- Digital Networks across Diasporic spaces and artistic practices
- Use of Social Media Digital Platforms: as transmitting, appropriating, and/or pedagogical spaces
- Impact of Technology and the Futuristic Space &/or Afrofuturism
- Digital Archive and the African/Caribbean/Africanist/Diasporic spaces
- Dance Science, mental and physical health in Diasporic spaces and dance knowledge
- Dance, the Internet and Popular Culture
- Sustainability of the Dance of the African Diaspora sector in the 21st Century
- Dance Education and Pedagogy
For more detailed information please read the full call for papers below.
* If you wish to submit a proposal for performances or workshops, please email email@example.com. We will only accept performance/workshop proposals via email. All others need to submit via the link below.
The call for papers 2019 is now closed. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by the end of June 2019.
A Conference registration fee reduction will be on offer to independent artists/scholars, students, and One Dance UK members.
More information on conference fees and logistics coming soon to the event page below.