Health Events and Conferences
Each year, One Dance UK’s Healthier Dancer Programme (HDP) organises a conference highlighting key issues in health, fitness and well-being for the dance profession.
COMING UP in 2018…
23 and 24 November 2018 – One Dance UK’s annual conference season, this year hosted in Leeds. Spanning several key dance spaces in Leeds, the conference will take place at venues in the Quarry Hill area, including Northern Ballet and Yorkshire Dance, and at Leeds Beckett University. The conference theme is ‘Leading the way – a stronger future for dance’ and will create a vibrant platform for educational and networking opportunities, inspirational speakers, discussion and debate.
Previous Healthier Dancer Programme conferences:
- Sunday 27 May 2018 – Dancers’ Health Networking Event: Third annual networking event at CloudM, CitizenM Tower of London Hotel
- Sunday 11 March 2018 – Preparing to Fly: a day on safe practice for aerial artists presented by One Dance UK and All or Nothing Aerial Dance Theatre and Hosted by Dance Base, Edinburgh
- Saturday and Sunday 13 and 14 January 2018 – Dissecting Aerial a 2-Day Healthier Aerial/Dance Symposium presented by Gravity and Levity in partnership with One Dance UK and The Point Eastleigh
- Sunday 26 November 2017 – Healthier Dancer Programme Conference as part of One Dance UK’s Conference Season
- Friday 26 May 2017 – A Healthier Dancer Day on The Adolescent Dancer, IADMS Regional Meeting
- Thursday 11 May 2017 – Mind the Gap: Train Smart, Improve Performance – an HDP conference with a Hip Hop focus
- October 2015 – Strength and Conditioning in Dance: Power, Performance, and Rehabilitation
- April 2015 – Dance UK’s Industry Wide Conference: The Future: New Ideas, New Inspirations
- April 2014 – Aesthetic Athletes and Dancers: Training and Optimising Performance
- November 2013 – Beyond the Body: Dance UK Psychology Conference
- April 2012 – Nutrition and Disordered Eating in Dance: Artistry, athleticism and the role of the multidisciplinary support team
- April 2011 – From Injury to Performance: Lessons to Share in Dance and Sports
- April 2009 – Dance Medicine: The Female Athlete Triad and Hypermobility
Videos, programmes, reports, and abstracts from these conferences are available on our resources pages.
Also available in ‘resources’ are informative reports of other dance medicine and science conferences that have taken place around the world over the years.
The Rudolf Nureyev Foundation Medical website also holds an archive of abstracts from past dance medicine and science conferences, including abstracts from Annual Conferences of the International Association for Dance Medicine & Science (IADMS).