Health Events and Conferences
Each year, One Dance UK’s Healthier Dancer Programme (HDP) organises a conference highlighting key issues in health, fitness and well-being for the dance profession.
COMING UP in 2018…
23 and 24 November 2018 – One Dance UK’s annual conference season will be hosted in Leeds. Spanning several key dance spaces in Leeds, the conference will take place at venues in the Quarry Hill area, including Northern Ballet and Yorkshire Dance, and at Leeds Beckett University. The conference theme is ‘Leading the way – a stronger future for dance’ and will create a vibrant platform for educational and networking opportunities, inspirational speakers, discussion and debate.
February/March 2019 – Dancers’ Health Networking Event Our bi-annual networking event will be held in London in Spring 2019. Members attend free.
PREVIOUS EVENTS since 1990…
Previous Healthier Dancer Programme conferences:
One Dance UK
- 23 September 2018 – Dancers’ Health Networking Event: Our bi-annual networking event held at the Hospital Club featuring speakers Dr Jessica Eccles: Hypermobility and the brain: Implications for practice, and Dr Nicky Keay: RED-S and dancers.
- 27 May 2018 – Dancers’ Health Networking Event: Third annual networking event at CloudM, CitizenM Tower of London Hotel
- 11 March 2018 – Preparing to Fly: a day on safe practice for aerial artists presented by One Dance UK and All or Nothing Aerial Dance Theatre and Hosted by Dance Base, Edinburgh
- 13 and 14 January 2018 – Dissecting Aerial a 2-Day Healthier Aerial/Dance Symposium presented by Gravity and Levity in partnership with One Dance UK and The Point Eastleigh
- 26 November 2017 – Healthier Dancer Programme Conference as part of One Dance UK’s Conference Season, Trinity Laban Conservatoire for Music and Dance, London
- 26 May 2017 – A Healthier Dancer Day on The Adolescent Dancer, IADMS Regional Meeting, DanceEast, Ipswich
- 11 May 2017 – Mind the Gap: Train Smart, Improve Performance Stratford Circus Arts Centre, London
- 25 November 2016 – Collaborative Forum Stratford Circus Arts Centre, London
Dance UK (became One Dance UK in April 2016)
- October 2015 – Strength and Conditioning in Dance: Power, Performance, and Rehabilitation, Elmhurst Ballet School, Birmingham
- April 2015 – Dance UK’s Industry Wide Conference: The Future: New Ideas, New Inspirations
- April 2014 – Aesthetic Athletes and Dancers: Training and Optimising Performance, Royal Society of Medicine, London
- November 2013 – Beyond the Body: Dance UK Psychology Conference, Birmingham Hippodrome, Birmingham
- April 2012 – Nutrition and Disordered Eating in Dance: Artistry, athleticism and the role of the multidisciplinary support team, Royal Society of Medicine, London
- April 2011 – From Injury to Performance: Lessons to Share in Dance and Sports, Royal Society of Medicine, London
- April 2009 – Dance Medicine: The Female Athlete Triad and Hypermobility, Royal Society of Medicine, London
- October 2000 – Moving Matters (The second Healthier Dancer Conference) Royal Opera House, London
- September 1993 – Training Tomorrow’s Professional Dancers, Arts Educational Schools, London
- September 1990 – The Healthier Dancer (The first Healthier Dancer Conference) Royal Opera House, London
Videos, programmes, reports, and abstracts from many of these conferences are available via the links above or on our resources pages.
Also available in ‘resources’ are informative reports of other dance medicine and science conferences that have taken place around the world over the years.