Vibrant and diverse, the UK dance sector, in all its forms, is a UK success story and one which must be celebrated and championed. As well as being a great UK art form, dance has a unique and important role to play in education, health and wellbeing, community cohesion, social mobility and diversity. Dance is at the heart of our UK creative industries.
The Dance Manifesto calls on politicians to:
- Enable every child and young person to have access to dance
- Ensure a thriving dance sector post-Brexit
- Harness the benefits of dance for public health and wellbeing
- Foster equality of opportunity for dance artists and leaders
- Improve dance artists’ working conditions
- Champion UK dance at home and abroad
Dance Manifesto 2019
This Dance Manifesto is a long-term vision for how policymakers can help support the UK dance sector. Click through to read, or share with your local MP. Not sure who your MP is? Click here to find out.
Dance Manifesto 2017
Due to the snap election being called on 8 June 2017, One Dance UK created a updated Dance Manifesto which outlines key sector demands or dance across the country.
Dance Manifesto 2015
The Dance Manifesto Minibook 2015 is meant to introduce politicians who don’t know anything about dance to some of the many benefits of participating in and watching dance.
How you can help?
Let your MP know that dance is important to you. Download your copy of the Dance Manifesto and send it to your MP.
Not sure who your MP is?
Find out how to contact your MP on the Houses of Parliament website.