One Dance UK Announces First-ever One Dance UK Awards on International Dance Day
One Dance UK, the country’s Sector Support organisation for dance, has announced the launch of its first-ever awards ceremony to celebrate many individuals and organisations working in the field of dance today.
The 23 Awards, to be presented at a prestigious ceremony on 24 November in Leeds, will recognise the outstanding contribution of people working in the dance sector. This annual event is an opportunity for people from across the dance sector to unite, celebrate, acknowledge and reward the people who have made an impact on the vibrant UK dance landscape.
- Leeds Dance Partnership Award – sponsored by Leeds Dance Partnership
- Outstanding Dance Programming Award – sponsored by ISTD
- Innovation in Dance Award – sponsored by Northern School of Contemporary Dance
- Dance Writing Award
- Dance on Screen – Impact Award
- Best Use of Dance by a Brand Award
- Outstanding Primary Dance Teaching Award – sponsored by Dancewear Central
- Outstanding Secondary Dance Teaching Award
- Inspirational Community Dance Practitioner Award
- Inspirational Work in Education Award (for organisations)
- Inspirational Lecturer at College, University or Conservatoire Award
- Most Supportive Senior Leader or Governor Award
- Rising Star Award (Dance Teaching)
- Dance Healthcare Practitioner Award
- Dance Science Award – sponsored by Birmingham Royal Ballet
- Dance Healthcare Team Award
- Research in Dance – Impact Award
- Dance Advocacy Award – sponsored by Northern School of Contemporary Dance
- People’s Choice Award
- Dance Personality of the Year Award
- Dance of the African Diaspora Lifetime Achievement Award – supported by Derrick Anderson
- Lifetime Achievement in Dance Education/Participation Award – sponsored by Harlequin Floors
- Jane Attenborough Award – Outstanding Contribution to Dance
One Dance UK’s CEO Andrew Hurst comments:
We’re thrilled to be launching the very first One Dance UK Awards. There is no shortage of exceptional talent and drive in the dance sector, but the hard work of many individuals and organisations often goes unrecognised. We hope the Awards will present a new and unique opportunity for such dedication to finally be acknowledged, and to bring members and supporters together to celebrate the outstanding contribution so many people across the sector make to dance throughout the UK.
One Dance UK has previously hosted the Dance Teaching Awards, recognising the astonishing impact of dance teachers across the country; gifted the Jane Attenborough One Dance UK Industry Award, part of the Critics’ Circle annual National Dance Awards; and celebrated the Dance of the African Diaspora Lifetime Achievement Award, in recognition of outstanding work in the form.
Nominations for the Awards are open from April 29 to coincide with International Dance Day.
For further information and images, please contact Communications at One Dance UK, on 020 7713 0730, or email@example.com.