Midlands Arts Centre Announces Call-out for Norma Abbott Dance Bursary 2019
Midlands Arts Centre is pleased to announce the 2019 call-out for its annual Norma Abbott Dance bursary.
About the Norma Abbott Dance Bursary
The bursary benefits West Midlands-based dancers/choreographers. One bursary will be awarded, worth £500, to support emerging dance practitioners with professional development or professional practice costs.
The bursary can contribute towards training, artist fees, travel costs or other relevant opportunities. Previously awarded bursaries have supported training and accreditation in dance leadership (both later life dance and inclusive dance practice); contributed towards international research trips that resulted in work being showcased in the West Midlands; and contributed to the cost of training with established dance companies, leading to the dissemination of learning and delivery of dance sessions for children and young people.
The bursary was set up in Norma’s memory by her family. A keen dancer and tireless advocate for participation in dance, Norma worked as a Customer Service Assistant at MAC for many years.
*Please note that the funding available is for individual development, not organisational development.
To apply, applicants must complete and return the application form (available to download here), providing details of:
- Applicants’ current dance practice
- How funding would be used to further individual professional development
- The impact the bursary would have on applicants’ professional practice
The deadline for applications is Thursday 24 October 2019, 5:00pm.
Applicants must submit their completed applications to Nicola Saunders at email@example.com.
The award will be announced on Tuesday 19 November 2019.
- The bursary is intended to support all forms of dance practice
- The bursary must be used within one year of being awarded
- Applications for activities/costs already incurred will not be considered
- Award winners are required to submit a short report on the anniversary of the granting of their award summarising the work the bursary has enabled them to do
- Be able to clearly state how the bursary would be used and be specific about how they would spend the award, if successful
- Detail how the bursary would impact upon their professional dance practice
- Give details of any connection with MAC, if applicable
- Adhere to the application form word count limits
Applicants may head to MAC’s website to apply here.