Company: Yorkshire Dance
Level: Senior Management
Contract Type: Full-time
Closing Date: 04 Mar 24
Are you highly motivated, values driven, with a passion for culture, social justice, community and leadership?
This is a wonderful opportunity to take up a joint-leadership role and contribute to Yorkshire Dance’s ambitions in collaboration with Creative Director, Hannah Robertshaw, the board of trustees and the talented team.
With the need to hit the ground running, the role is ideal for an experienced, dynamic leader with prior experience in managing teams and buildings, who will engage fully with Yorkshire Dance’s programme.
We are open to hearing from applicants from a variety of working backgrounds and are particularly keen on hearing from individuals who have had a prior experience of working at a senior level in a charity or in the dance/arts sector for a National Portfolio Organisation.
You will be based in our city-centre building which hosts our offices, studio spaces and regular events and performances, giving you a real insight and experience of working in a dynamic and creative environment.
About Yorkshire Dance
Each year Yorkshire Dance supports 200 local dance artists, hosts 4 dance festivals, runs 4 sub-regional dance networks and delivers 1,500 weekly community dance sessions for over 1,500 participants. Dance sessions take place in our studios, in community centres and care homes throughout Leeds and Bradford. You can find out more about our current programmes on our website and social media.
The role will have a particular focus on:
- Driving the strategic development of Yorkshire Dance, in conjunction with the Creative Director, and realising the ambitions of the organisation including the development of our building
- Ensuring the financial and operational performance of Yorkshire Dance is effectively managed, benefiting from the support provided by a freelance Finance Director in the production of management accounts and financial and Board reporting to our Trustees and other key stakeholders and funders.
Yorkshire Dance offers a supportive work environment, in addition to a range of benefits including:
- Training opportunities both relevant to your role and the organisation (e.g. the full staff team have recently undertaken training in anti-racism, Dementia Awareness and Trans Awareness)
- Pension scheme
- An annual Go See Fund to purchase tickets for dance performances (and complimentary tickets for most performances run by Yorkshire Dance).
- Membership of the Arts Marketing Association
- Maternity and sickness pay in line with our policies
- Tech scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bus to Work scheme (discounts on First Bus and Trans Dev)
- Eye care
How to apply
There are three ways you can apply: A letter of up to 2 pages, an audio recording of up to 8 minutes (MP3 file) or a video application of up to 8 minutes (MP4) using WeTransfer.
In the above, please explain why you are interested in becoming Executive Director and outline how your skills and experience meet the profile in section 3 of this pack. Please include your CV and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Executive Director.
The deadline for applications is 10.00am on Monday 4 March.
After applying, please complete our equal opportunities form at: https://yorkshiredance.com/monitoring-form/
Interviews will take place at Yorkshire Dance in Leeds City Centre on the following dates:
Thursday 21 March First interviews
Tuesday 26 March Second interviews
If you would like a version of any of the application material in an alternative format such as a printed version, large print or if you wish to make a video application, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do all that we can to support your application. Please call us on: 0113 243 9867 or email email@example.com