Are you passionate about exceptional artistic dance works, education, social impact and inclusion? We’re looking for a new Chair and Trustees to join us at an exciting time of organisational growth.
Seeking a new Chair
The new Chair will play a key role in enabling the company to continue its progress.
The company is seeking an individual with expertise in a broad range of areas including:
- Chairing of Board of Trustees
- Financial management/accounting
- Charity law
- Support and advising the Artistic Director and Executive Producer
- Fundraising – trusts and foundations
- An interest in strategic planning within the arts industry
- Promotion of diversity
- Marketing and/or public relations
The Chair is responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the charity, along with the Board of Trustees. The Chair supports the organisation to develop its ambitious aims, objectives and goals in accordance with the governing document, legal and regulatory guidelines. The Chair acts as a safe space and a sounding board to the Executive Producer and Artistic Director.
Seeking new Board Members
Stopgap would also love to hear from individuals interested in becoming a Board member with experience and expertise in one of the above skills listed. The Trustees work alongside the Chair to support the organisation to develop its aims, objectives and goals.
- Board meetings take place every quarter (June, September, December, March)
- Annual general meetings take place in conjunction with December Board meetings
- The Chair is expected to spend the equivalent of 1-2 days per month, spread over different days, monitoring the company, supporting the team and promoting the company’s work to potential partners, funders and significant individuals
Location of meetings
Mostly in Farnham, occasionally meetings are held elsewhere including in London.
The Trustees can attend meetings via conference calling or Skype from time to time.
Download the information pack here
How to apply
We would very much welcome an application from you if you feel you meet a significant number of the specifications we are seeking. We can arrange for you to speak with our outgoing Chair as well as our Executive Producer.
In the first instance please send a CV or biography to Sho Shibata (as below) along with a one page covering letter as to why you are interested and what you feel you could bring to the role. Please state in the letter whether you are applying for the Chair or Board Member role.
Closing date for applications is Monday 23 September at 6pm.
Interviews are planned for Friday 4 and/or Tuesday 8 October 2019.
Sho Shibata: firstname.lastname@example.org | 01252 745443