Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing
Head of Faculty Development – Cecchetti Classical Ballet
ISTD aspires to be a world leader in dance education, setting the benchmark for best practice through our extensive syllabi and teacher training. We are committed to becoming a dynamic, future-focused organisation that promotes the social, cultural, physical and educational benefits of dance for all.
Following the appointment of the Society’s first Director of Dance, the ISTD is now recruiting a number of Heads of Faculty Development. Reporting to the Director of Dance, these posts will be responsible for nurturing and supporting the Faculties to ensure the continued success of their genres; promoting the development of dance teaching and learning in the particular disciplines; and facilitating the development of progressive syllabi and examinations.
The following post is currently available:
- Head of Faculty Development (Cecchetti Classical Ballet)– 2 ½ days per week equivalent, with flexibility around how this time might be arranged.
We are looking for candidates with a high level of practical knowledge of the Cecchetti method, coupled with excellent organisational skills and proven experience in motivating teams to deliver high quality results.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in the formation of the Dance Department and thereby contribute to the artistic development of the ISTD. To find out more information please visit: www.istd.org
These dates may be subject to change and applicants will be advised in advance should this happen.
Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing is committed to achieve greater diversity and welcome applications regardless of sex, gender, race, age, sexuality, belief or disability.
Key duties and responsibilities
In consultation with the Faculty Committees:
- Work closely with Faculty Committee(s), the Examinations Directorate to facilitate the provision of an appropriate number of Examiners appointments, their training, upgrading and monitoring.
- Facilitate all aspects of Faculty qualifications development and promotion, consulting with other departments, as necessary
- Work closely with the Faculty Committee(s) and Education Directorate to ensure the provision of appropriate Teaching Teams, and their training and monitoring to maintain high quality teacher training.
- Attend all Committee meetings and supervise the Faculty Co-ordinator to ensure the plans of the Committee are actioned appropriately and that communication is consistent.
- Work closely with the Faculty Co-ordinator to ensure all aspects of secretarial and administrative support are actioned appropriately and effectively.
- Oversee effective and appropriate communications about the work of the Faculty, serving as the first point of contact for Faculty related communications and enquires.
- Represent the perspective of the Faculty in all internal meetings and in public forums.
- Formulate annual Faculty development plans, and associated budgets, and present these for approval to the Director of Dance.
- Facilitate the development of Faculty events and their efficient, high quality delivery working in consultation with other departments.
- Facilitate the development of Faculty-related educational materials to support teachers working in consultation with other departments.
- Manage Faculty budgetary expenditure.
- Contribute to cross-Faculty initiatives, such as increasing the demographic diversity of the ISTD membership and their students, as specified by the Director of Dance.
- Support the Education Directorate with responding constructively to Faculty-related complaints about Teachers.
Education and qualifications
- Vocational training, degree or professional experience in a relevant dance genre.
Knowledge and experience
- Experience working at a Manager level, leading and motivating teams to deliver high quality results.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders, demonstrating strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- In depth knowledge of dance training methodologies and a sound understanding of best practice in dance teaching and learning.
- Thorough knowledge of dance education and training.
- Excellent organisational skills, including demonstrable administrative experience.
- Proven ability to guide new initiatives to fruition, while operating effectively, responsibly, legally and sustainably.
- Commitment to increasing demographic diversity in dance participation.
- In-depth knowledge of one, or more ISTD syllabi pertinent to this post.
- Experience as an examiner, assessor and / or teacher trainer.
- Teaching qualification at Licentiate, or equivalent.
Salary: pro rata £40,000 – £45,000
Please send CV’s and cover letter to email@example.com