The One Dance UK 2018 Conference
The One Dance UK 2018 conference takes place on 23 and 24 November in Leeds. It is is a vibrant platform for professional development, educational and networking opportunities, and delivers a programme that includes inspiring speakers and thought provoking discussion and debate. It will feature keynote speeches from Sue Hoyle – former Director of the Clore Leadership Programme, Steve Ingham – Performance Scientist and founder of Supporting Champions, David Nixon – Artistic Director of Northern Ballet and Michael Ellis MP, Minister for Arts, Heritage and Tourism.
‘Events like this allow me to feel more connected to artists working in my region as well as giving me an awareness of the dance landscape in the UK’
What will it cover?
We have carefully curated blend of speakers and sessions to embrace many disciplines. So, whatever your practice, profession, career stage or perspective on the dance sector you will be able to navigate the most relevant and informative blend of sessions over the two days. The programme will include;
‘The conference was fuelled with passion and commitment to pioneering all forms of dance’
Who should attend?
The One Dance UK Conference is aimed at everyone in the dance sector. So whether you are an educator in school or community settings, whether you are involved in the training and performance of dancers, leading a dance company or training institution, studying dance, supporting the healthcare of dancers or are indeed a dance artist yourself, this conference is for you.
How much does it cost?
Tickets are now on sale with prices from just £39 and you can save up to 20% on tickets when you book a group of 5 or more. The table below shows the full range of tickets on offer. PLUS One Dance UK members receive 40% off tickets.
‘It was inspiring to see artists, performers and teachers come to together to extent their knowledge and engage in their practice’
Why should I go?
- It is the only UK dance sector event that brings together such a wide range of practitioners and professionals across many disciplines from different regions.
- Gain an up to date awareness of the Dance landscape in the UK
- Be inspired by both established sector figureheads and emerging leaders of the future
- Share your insights and knowledge and learn from others in a collaborative and open way
- Take advantage of networking opportunities to catch up with old colleagues and make new dance sector contacts – connect with artists, teachers, student, professionals and leaders.
- Enjoy innovative, interactive formats to encourage discussion, collaboration and knowledge transfer
- Participate in practical sessions and workshops designed to reinforce learning.
- Feed your thinking, planning and professional development and head back to work buzzing with new ideas and learning and knowledge of best practice
The One Dance UK Conference 2018 is delivered in association with Leeds Dance Partnership.
Safe in Dance International
Language of Dance Centre
Royal Academy of Dance
IRIE! dance theatre
Tap Dance UK