Healthier Dancer Conference November 2017
One Dance UK’s second Healthier Dancer Programme Conference for 2017 will focus on psychological and sociological elements of care for the dancer. Through a series of key note lectures, research presentations, workshops, and discussion we will explore topics such as how to recognise and care for the psychological impacts of injury.
- Artist Stuart Waters’ workshop on mental health within the creative processes
- Actress, choreographer and martial artist Nadia Sohawon on the psychological impact of injury
- Integrative psychotherapist Fiona Macbeth on how to channel self-criticism into opportunities for growth
- Sport and exercise and dance performance psychologist, Irina Roncaglia, on resilience in preparation for a career in dance
- Empowering Dance workshop bridging theory and practical elements taken from research among dancers and sportspeople on supporting psychological wellbeing and improving performance
- Flexible programme: Delegates attending either of Sunday’s conferences are welcome to choose from any of the parallel sessions across both strands. We have highlighted the ones we think you might be most interested in here but do look at both programmes (as well as Saturday’s!) to see what most interests you. After you have booked and nearer the date you will be asked to indicate which of the parallel sessions you wish to attend
Email us for further information or with any questions.
This conference forms part of the One Dance UK Conference Season 2017. three conferences. two days. one venue.