Deadline update for Creativity Unlocked bbodance competition
Due to recent COVID-19 restrictions, the deadline to enter Creativity Unlocked is now 28 February. The online multi-genre dance competition is open to all non-professional dancers of any age and ability.
The competition is judged by dance experts from around the world:
- Cynthia Harvey, Artistic Director of the American Ballet Theatre School and former ABT and Royal Ballet Principal
- Alexzandra Sarmiento, Dance Captain for the West End Hamilton
- Steven McRae, Royal Ballet Principal
- Carrie-Anne Ingrouille, Choreographer of Six the Musical
- Liam Francis, Rambert Principal
- Tommy Franzen, Choreographer for Strictly Come Dancing
Winners will receive a private lesson in their chosen genre with the judge of their category.
The competition was created by OneDanceUK member, bbodance, formerly known as the British Ballet Organization (BBO), to counter the negative impact of lockdown on the psychological and emotional state of dance lovers everywhere.
“Your competition was just what my daughter needed. Lockdown has been the first time she’s struggled with her confidence, motivation, and inspiration. As a parent, it’s been quite worrying. It’s been so uplifting for us to see her creating, choreographing, and having the confidence to dance again,” one parent said.
Find out how to enter at https://bbo.dance/news/creativity-unlocked-is-now-open
Competition closes: 28 February 2021