APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR DANCERS’ MENTORING PROGRAMMES 2017
One Dance UK, with the support of Arts Council England and in partnership with Dancers’ Career Development, is now accepting applications for its successful Dancers’ Mentoring Programme 2017.
This is a funded professional development opportunity for 10 mid-career dance artists, who have been identified by their peers as future leaders, to be matched with a mentor working in a high-level leadership position to support them to develop their ambitions to be future leaders in dance or the wider arts sector.
The mentorship supports dancers in considering a future beyond or alongside their current performing careers.
‘I have gained confidence in my creativity,
my work and most importantly the business structure of my company which is still under continuous development. I have also gained confidence in being able to be a leader of my own vision, my own company and the
collaborators I work with. I believe anything can happen and what I desire is possible. – Mbulelo Ndabeni (Independent Artist and Choreographer)
Who can apply?
- Dance artists who are One Dance UK members with a minimum of eight years professional dancing experience.
- Dancers who work for One Dance UK company members (Anyone who wants to apply and is not currently a member of One Dance UK can join now and will be eligible immediately call 0207 7130730)
How to apply?
Applying to One Dance UK’s Dancers’ Mentoring Programme is a two-stage process – nomination and application:
Dance artists need to be nominated for the programme by someone who recognises their potential to be leaders, as either an artistic or management leader.
- You should include a short statement about why you are nominating this dance artist as a future leader. All nominated candidates should be asked for their permission to be nominated.
- One Dance UK will then contact the dance artists to complete an online application with a short statement on why they would like to be part of this programme, what they hope to gain from it and to send their current CV.
- Nominations and applications sent later than 20 February 2017 will not be considered.
Who can nominate?
- Those drawn from the independent sector can be nominated by companies, choreographers, dance agencies or anyone working in the profession.
- Those drawn from companies can be nominated by the executive team of the organisation, in consultation with other staff as appropriate.
What’s the timescale?
- Nominations and Applications deadline by 20 February 2017
- The selections are made in March 2017 by a group of experienced artists, choreographers and dance managers, chaired by One Dance UK.
- The successful applicants are announced on 17 March 2017.
- The mentorship will last for eight months from April through to December 2017
For more information about the programme and what mentoring involves read more