#AdvocacyAlert Today’s Election Result
Following today’s election results we will be working together with the new Government and newly elected MPs to help the UK dance sector to continue to thrive and will continue to represent our members’ interests to Government. With the announcement of the elections result, we welcome returning MPs and will also be reaching out to newly elected MPs and newly appointed Ministers and their teams.
Whilst we look forward to sharing the great UK success story that is the UK dance sector, we know there is still much policy makers can do to help support the sector, including:
- Enabling every child and young person to have access to dance
- Ensure a thriving dance sector post-Brexit
- Harness the benefits of dance for public health and wellbeing
- Foster equality of opportunity for dance artists and leaders
- Improve dance artists’ working conditions
- Champion UK dance at home and abroad
We will be encouraging returning and newly elected MPs to join the Dance APPG to show support for the UK dance sector. Help us spread there word by sharing our Manifesto with your MP.
So what happens now?
According to the BBC, Downing Street has said that there would be a minor cabinet reshuffle on Monday; the Withdrawal Agreement Bill, paving the way for Brexit on 31 January, would have its second Commons reading on Friday, 20 December; and a major reshuffle would take place in February, after the UK has left the EU, No 10; with a Budget statement in March.