As a Subject Association, and the voice for dance in schools, our mission is to further the teaching and learning of dance in both formal (schools, colleges, universities) and informal settings (youth, community, private). We offer an affordable membership for teachers providing support, advice, advocacy and resources.
We believe very strongly in:
- Supporting teachers with professional development and to up-skill
- Advocating to government and policy makers, on the importance of high quality dance in schools
- Raising the standards of dance teaching, both within and outside of school
- Improving access, opportunities and progression routes, by raising aspirations through high quality dance for all children and young people
Join us today, if you would like to:
- Be up to date on teaching and learning strategies
- Have access to dedicated sources of information;
- over 150 teaching resources
- educational news
- updates on policies, legislation, curriculum and qualification changes
- discounted books and publications
- Be part of a dance teaching community
- Be part of a louder voice in keeping dance on the school agenda
- Be part of our annual conference, events and CPD training (discounted for members)
- Help leadership see, hear and acknowledge that all children should have access to dance, no matter who they are or where they live
- Be informed on our projects and programmes;
- Dance Teaching Awards
- Dance (national performance opportunities for young people)
- Dance Ambassadors (national leadership programme for young people)
Additional benefits include:
- Twice yearly One magazine with the latest artistic discussion and industry information and 2 pull-out teacher resources
- Professional advice on matters including business, health and career development
- Promotional opportunities for your work through our wide reaching social network channels
- Monthly e-Newsletter and regular bulletins featuring specialist areas of our work
- Discounts to professional specialist events, conferences, workshops and networking opportunities
- The opportunity to take part in networking and consultation events aimed at teachers and schools
- Discounted advertising in One, Hotfoot and the One Dance UK website
- Entry to our professional networks (choreographers, independent artists, teachers, students, healthcare practitioners, fundraising, dance company managers)
- Discount on posting jobs to One Dance UK website
- Access to discounted Public Liability Insurance for freelance teachers and workshop leaders through a reputable broker (for ages 18+)
- Entry in the One Dance UK Choreographer’s Directory
- Exclusive yearly networking event with other Directory members
- Opportunity for referral and promotion to national and international producers
Are you an experienced choreographer with:
Disclosure: Please note that in order to keep to the highest standard of service to our members we check and confirm all the information given; therefore we would ask you to be as accurate as possible when filling in your profile.
*What are choreographic credits?
In the creative arts, credits are an acknowledgement of those who participated in the production. They are often shown at the end of movies and on CD jackets. In film, video, television, theatre etc., credits means the list of actors and behind-the-scenes staff who contributed to the production. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Advocacy on your behalf as the Subject Association for Dance to promote and stand up for dance education in schools.
- Dance teaching resources for Early Years, and all Key Stages, available online
- New lesson ideas available online each term online
- Dance In and Beyond Schools: An Essential Guide to Dance Teaching and Learning (2016 edition) publication available online.
- Teaching Frameworks – useful educational resource supporting dance teaching from Early Years to Key Stage 5 (KS5)
By clicking on the Join Now button you will be taken to a summary page of your membership plan where you can review and confirm your choices; otherwise click here to go back to the main Membership page.
Are you in teacher training?
If you are a Student Teacher you are eligible for a discount membership here.