“The Choreographers Observership Programme is a unique and vital opportunity; the chosen choreographers will be able to witness at close quarters the skills and creativity of an established professional at work.”Kate Flatt, choreographer and movement director
The Choreographers Observerships Programme offers ten choreographers funded awards to observe a choreographer of their choice at work. The programme helps choreographers:
- Open up new areas of work (for example: commercials, theatre or opera)
- Explore another artist’s creative practice
The choreographer being observed receives a one off fee of £300 for their time.
Examples of choreographers who took part in previous years include:
- Hubert Essakow, freelance choreographer, who observed Javier de Frutos, director, movement director and choreographer
- Kanchan Maradan, Kathak performer, teacher and choreographer based in Manchester, hwo observed Akram Khan
- Diane Alison-Mitchell, movement director and choreographer, who observed Liam Steel, director, movement director and choreographer
We are delighted to announce the choreographers selected for the 2015-16 Choreographers Observerships.
Apply for a Choreographers Observership
All members of One Dance UK are welcome to apply for an observership.
Applications for Choreographers Observerships are currently closed. Please check back and follow us on Twitter or Facebook for updates.
For more information about Choreographers Observerships, please contact Tomorr Kokona: firstname.lastname@example.org.