One Dance UK is the new industry body formed of the bringing together in April 2016 of four key dance organisations: Association of Dance of the African Diaspora (ADAD), Dance UK, National Dance Teachers Association (NDTA) and Youth Dance England (YDE).
This initiative came as a result of a three-year commissioned grant by Arts Council England to create a ground-breaking consortium bringing these four leading dance organisations together in a unified “go-to” industry body, recognising the industry demand for radical transformation of its workforce and talent support.
One Dance UK combines more than 100 years of expertise in a simplified, strengthened and specialist body nurturing and developing talent and delivering excellence in:
- youth dance
- dance of the African diaspora
- health and well-being
- leadership and career development
One Dance UK directly benefits in excess of 40,000 people working in the UK dance workforce, it benefits children dancing in and outside school, and it indirectly impacts on the millions of people who participate in dance and watch performances.
One Dance UK provides:
- a single voice for dance
- a centralised knowledge hub and industry intelligence
- advocacy to policy makers and politicians
- a strategic programme including events, conferences, talks, professional and career development with industry-wide reach and benefit
- membership services
- and promotion of best practice and nurturing of talent